- The Challenge is open to individuals, teams and organizations who have developed an innovation that has the potential to impact society
- Participants’ age must be between 18 to 30 years as on or before 29th June 2020.
- All participants should be Indians or reside in India as permanent residents.
- Ideas at the conceptual stage must demonstrate strong proof of concept and business plans for taking it forward.
- Innovations at work must be at early stage with institutions or enterprises less than 3 years of age.
- Entries cannot be accepted from current 3M employees, interns or trainees nor can entries promote 3M or its products.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- All ideas must be original and should not have been celebrated with awards previously.
Ideas / Innovations under Product and Service Innovation Categories:
General Terms for nominating Ideas/projects under Rural & Inclusive Innovation Category:
- Nominations (both self and third party) must focus on grassroots innovators who have excelled in creating social change at the bottom of the pyramid. The nominated solutions should have the ability to demonstrate positive change or improvement in the lives of remote rural or semi-urban communities.
- The nominee(s) may run their own initiative or organization or be part of a larger forum or networks. Alternatively, they could be working as an individual volunteer or be part of the local government system (i.e. a panchayat).
- Nominee(s) who have won any major National or State awards (such as Chief Minister’s and Corporate Awards) will not be eligible.
Who can Nominate?
- Self-nominations are accepted with credible recommendations from individuals or organizations who are aware of the idea or the project presented.
- Organizations, networks and any individual can submit a nomination for a credible remote innovator with worthwhile reference for due diligence. Nominee credentials are compulsory (i.e. direct email and mobile numbers)
- All nominations should adhere to the age criteria of the “Challenge” that is mentioned in the eligibility section.