All participants of the Challenge must be
- Under 30 years of age and should be born on or post 1991
- Should be permanent residents of India
- Should not be current 3M employees, interns or trainees
- Make submissions in English
- Should not make any submission of an idea to promote or market 3M or its products
Submissions under Product and Service Innovation Categories:
- Are open to individuals, teams and organizations with impactful innovation.
- Idea Prize entries must have a clear one year plan with endline of the project
- Impact Prize entries must ensure that their organizational age is less than 4 years from the date of registration.
- Innovations presented should not have been awarded by any other major National or State level awards program previously.
Nominations under Rural & Inclusive Innovation Category
- Nominations (both self and third party) must focus on grassroots innovation creating positive social change at the bottom of the pyramid.
- Self-nominations must mention recommendations from individuals or organizations who are aware of the idea or the project presented.
- Anyone or any organization can submit a nomination for a credible remote innovator with worthwhile reference for due diligence that should include their contact information such as direct email and mobile numbers.
- Innovation must serve vulnerable communities in rural or remote areas or underserved communities in an urban setup.
- The nomination could be of an individual or leadership team of an early-stage organization.
- The nomination should not have been previously awarded (such as major National or State level awards, Chief Minister’s Awards and Corporate Prizes).
- All nominations should adhere to the age criteria of the “Challenge” that is mentioned in the eligibility section.